- This event has passed.
February 17 at 1:00 am - 4:00 am
Enjoy the experience of giving back and reducing blight as we work to improve our river-side community! Specific meeting information for each cleanup can be found on the Operation 9-2-99 website at Visit the Operation 9.2.99 website for more information: https://sites.google.com/
Please consider the following guidelines as a volunteer to ensure a safe environment for everyone:
What To Bring
– Sturdy shoes, gloves, hat, layered clothing for cool weather
– Refillable water container
– Liability Form filled out and signed by parent or guardian if you are a minor. This form can be found on the main project page.
What To Expect
-Difficult footing and terrain in some areas
– Items to be picked up include litter, illegally dumped trash, shopping carts, tires, clothes, carpet, mattresses, and drug paraphernalia
– Trash bags, grabbers, gloves, and tools will be provided
– Water will be available and occasionally some snack foods are provided
– Restrooms are usually available in the close vicinity of the clean up area
– Check in and fill out a liability waiver before starting to work
– Law enforcement is present prior to, during, and after clean-up events
– Gloves need to be worn at all times
– Stay out of the water. If needed, adult volunteers will be assigned to work in the river.
– Stay in the area designated for the clean-up and always work with a partner
– Only pick up what you feel comfortable handling
– Minors should not handle drug paraphernalia
– Let us know if you sustain an injury, need a break, or are not feeling well
– Check out and return all borrowed items at the end of the clean-up
Community Service Hours
– If you need confirmation for volunteer hours we can provide that at check out with a signature or a certificate. Bring any paperwork that needs to be signed with you.