Make a “tax-free” gift! Transfer a contribution to TRT directly from your IRA.
Put your IRA to work for your charitable giving. Did you know that you can include gifts to Tuolumne River Trust as part of your annual required minimum distribution (RMD)? When you make a gift through your IRA, you receive a tax benefit even if you take the standard deduction.
- You must be 70½ or older at the time of gift.
- Distributions must be made directly from a traditional IRA account by your IRA administrator to Tuolumne River Trust
- You must complete the distribution by your financial institution’s RMD deadline.
- IRA Qualified Charitable Distributions are excluded as gross income for federal income tax purposes on your IRS Form 1040.
- The gift counts toward your required minimum distribution for the year in which you made the gift.
- You could avoid a higher tax bracket that might otherwise result from adding an RMD to your income.
For more information, please contact your financial advisor.